
We had this meal this week and it has been one of our highlights! I purchased the box from Giant Eagle for @ $4 with coupon. I wasn't excited about lemon piccata because I don't like lemon chicken, but Larry wanted to try it.
So, you need to purchase 1 lb of chicken. I use the non-steroid, non-hormone nature's basket brand from Giant Eagle and it is pretty lean. It is sliced thinly to start and a 1 lb package contains about 4 or 5 think slices. The box comes with a packet of seasoned flour which you dredge your chicken through and place in a sautee pan with butter. I supposed you could use olive oil but I followed the directions on the box. In the meantime, you boil water for the little pouch of thin spaghetti they provide. While the pasta cooks, you brown the chicken, then add the provided pouch of chablis wine, 2/3 cup of hot water and the seasoning packet. It cookes for about 4 minutes more.
Voila! The pasta is done and you serve the chicken and sauce (which is very thin) over the pasta.
We loved it and it has earned a place in our rotation. It was not too lemony and it was very tasty. I highly recommend this meal!
Let me know if you try it!
1 comment:
Hey M. J. Keep the blogging coming- I am reading!!!! Nic
Post a Comment